ECSA 51 Symposium topics
- Global and local drivers of change in transitional waters.
- Integrated management of coastal systems.
- Physical and biological gradients in transitional waters and their interaction.
- Ecosystem goods and services in transitional waters.
- Special session of the ARTWEI Project „Managing transboundary transitional waters“.
4 thematic workshops are planned:
- Cross-border management of lagoons and transitional waters: ARTWEI project. Convener Gerald Schernewski, Leibniz-Institute for Baltic Sea Research Warnemuende, Germany.
- Invasive bivalves in ecosystem remediation: from theoretical concerns to practical challenges. Convener Anastasija Zaiko, Coastal Research and Planning Institute, Klaipėda, Lithuania.
- Management of fisheries in coastal lagoons. Convener Patrick Polte, Institute for Baltic Sea Fisheries, Rostock, Germany.
- Ecological classification and indication of lagoon ecosystems: new perspectives and challenges. Convener Alberto Basset, University of Salento, Lecce, Italy.